Thursday 14 May 2009

I Change

I can’t believe how lazy I became over here!! At home I use to cycle a lot, but over here it would probably kill me! I just can’t tell whether the heat and humidity would murder me, but in any case of doubt it would be the traffic… I really miss my bike!

Besides that I use to work out in a fitness center, but since I arrived over here I haven’t done anything! First I was so happy when I leant that my condo also has sports facilities. But then I had to discover that the size of this gym there is roughly the same as my bedroom, providing only one crosstrainer, two treadmills and kind of tower offering some possibilities for muscle workout. I got so fed up with trying to workout there… Every time I try, I found it was already occupied. And besides: no air con, no fan and a smell of sweat- all in whole a real welcome-party for mosquitos! Quite ridiculous!!

This reminds me again of the I CHANGE. There was this Speaker’s Corner about two weeks ago with Dr. Muruga. In this short time he tried to make us aware that it’s up to ourselves to do the change and not to wait for the others or the circumstances/situation to change.
He is so right- my gym would not become bigger and better just because I grumble the whole time! So you can guess that I really welcomed the super special offer for Siemens employees to get a cheaper membership at the gym next door! And finally, I had my first entry there!!!

But I can tell it was so bitter to recognize that I’ve already lost so much shape! My arms became so flabby, if I wave my hands goodbye you might feel a pancake jiggles at my arm. And 10 Minutes running on the treadmill nearly seemed to kill me! This way I could promenade with snails but not participate in a marathon!!! There is still some time left for the warm-up…


Similar to the sightseeing over here, I really have to force on that as well. Maybe I should combine both, visiting points of interests while running- I was recommended to try the two hundred and something stairs that lead to the temple in Batu Caves… I like this idea, but not for this Saturday! The coming Saturday I will join the first Siemens running clinic at Lake Gardens! Malaysia’s national coach will train the participants for the marathon. As I learnt that Reebok is coming to this place, too, I could check if I would need different shoes for running.


http://www.siemens.com.my/siemensrun2009/About/running-clinic.aspx


1 comment:

  1. Also..du treibst im Sport ja...ganz typisch Deutsch..hahhaa

    ReplyDelete